How do I get an Open/Agricultural Burn Permit?
You must have the following to qualify for a Fire Department Open/Agricultural Burn Permit.
1. Two acres or twenty-five fruit trees.
2. Must be related to and essential for agricultural/horticultural operation.
3. Must be constantly attended.
4. Must be conducted during daylight hours only.
5. Must have means to extinguish or control the fire.
6 Must be kept a minimum of 50-feet from all structures.
7. Must comply with air quality index of 500 or greater

Contact the Fire Department for a open/agricultural Burn Permit 801-614-0840.
If Open/Agricultural burning creates a public hazard, the on-duty fire officer has the authority to have the fire extinguished. When weather or other conditions make open/Agricultural burning a hazard, such as winds, etc., the officer on duty may deny all burning requests.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact for Ambulance billing questions?
2. Why does a Fire Truck show up when I call for an Ambulance?
3. Can I have a Recreation or Cooking Fire on my property?
4. How do I get an Open/Agricultural Burn Permit?
5. Can I burn leaves/yard waste in my yard?
6. My Smoke detector is chirping, what does that mean?
7. How often should I change the batteries in my Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detectors?
8. When should I replacement my Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detector?
9. Does the Fire Department fill fire extinguishers?
10. What should I do when I see or hear an emergency vehicle coming towards me when I'm driving?
11. What if I smell Gas in my home?
12. What if my Carbon Monoxide detector is going off?
13. Where can i put my portable outdoor fireplace?
14. Will the Fire Department come to my house and fill my swimming pool with water?