What if my Carbon Monoxide detector is going off?
You will need to evacuate the house and then call 9-1-1. Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, tasteless, colorless gas that can be deadly in relatively low concentrations. It is a by-product of incomplete combustion originating from fuels such as wood, oil, propane, coal, gas, kerosene or charcoal. Please do not open all the windows inside the house in an attempt to ventilate the Carbon Monoxide outside. It makes it more difficult for Fire Crews to find the source of the problem.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I contact for Ambulance billing questions?
2. Why does a Fire Truck show up when I call for an Ambulance?
3. Can I have a Recreation or Cooking Fire on my property?
4. How do I get an Open/Agricultural Burn Permit?
5. Can I burn leaves/yard waste in my yard?
6. My Smoke detector is chirping, what does that mean?
7. How often should I change the batteries in my Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detectors?
8. When should I replacement my Smoke/Carbon Monoxide detector?
9. Does the Fire Department fill fire extinguishers?
10. What should I do when I see or hear an emergency vehicle coming towards me when I'm driving?
11. What if I smell Gas in my home?
12. What if my Carbon Monoxide detector is going off?
13. Where can i put my portable outdoor fireplace?
14. Will the Fire Department come to my house and fill my swimming pool with water?