- City Officials
- Mayor & City Council
- Election Information
NOTICE OF 2023 MUNICIPAL ELECTION
Offices to be voted on in the 2023 Clinton City Municipal Election are:
- Three (3) City Council Members - 4 year terms each.
Declaration of Candidacy Forms or Nomination Petition must be filed in person with the City Recorder at 2267 N 1500 W Clinton, Utah between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday thru Friday. The Candidate Filing Period is from Thursday June 1, 2023 to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday June 7, 2023(UCA 10-3-301).
Candidates are subject to financial disclosure requirements identified in (UCA 10-3-208).
The Primary Election if needed will be held on Tuesday, August 15, 2023. The General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. See the 2023 Clinton City Municipal Election Guide here.
Qualifications to Run for Elected Office:
1. *Be a registered voter,
2. Have resided within Clinton City for the 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the November election date; and,
3. **In accordance with Utah Constitution Article IV, Section 6, any mentally incompetent person, any person convicted of a felony, or any person convicted of treason or a crime against the elective franchise may not hold office in this state until the right to hold elective office is restored.
4. If elected, maintain primary residence within the city during term of the office.
* Utah Code §20A-2-101 states: A registered voter (1) is a citizen of the United States; (2) is a resident of Utah; (3) will, on the date of that election, be at least 18 years old, (4) has been a resident of Utah for 30 days immediately before that election; (5) and is registered to vote.
** Utah Code §20A-2-101.5 states: A person convicted of a felony loses the right to hold office until (1) all felony convictions have been expunged, OR (2) ten years have passed since the most recent felony conviction AND the person has paid all court-ordered restitution and fines AND the person has completed probation, been granted parole, or completed the term of incarceration associated with the felony.
How Vote by Mail works(Click to open)
Campaign Financial Statements:
All Clinton City municipal candidates are subject to financial disclosure requirements identified in Utah Code 10-3-208 and will be made available for viewing on the State website.
Newly elected officials will begin their terms of office after being sworn in at a special meeting on the 1st Monday in January following the election.