PUBLIC NOTICE OF CERTIFICATION OF ANNEXATION PETITION
Pursuant to Utah Code Ann. 10-2-406 Clinton City hereby gives notice as follows:
1. A petition for Annexation has been received in the office of the Clinton City Recorder for the purpose of requesting annexation of the following parcel(s) of land. Said complete petition was received on July 7, 2023. The Clinton City Council heard the petition at their regularly scheduled meeting on July 25, 2023 and acted to accept the petition for consideration;
2. On July 27, 2023 the Clinton City Council received the required Notice of Certification from the City Recorder certifying that the petition satisfies the requirements of state law.
3. The area proposed for annexation is located
BEGINNING AT POINT WHICH IS WEST A DISTANCE OF 65.04 FEET AND SOUTH A DISTANCE OF 1221.65 FEET FROM THE NORTH QUARTER CORNER OF SECTION 30, TOWNSHIP 5 NORTH, RANGE 2 WEST, SALT LAKE BASE AND MERIDIAN. SAID POINT ALSO BEING THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF LOT 5 OF THE DAVIS FARMS WEST NO.2 RECORDED PLAT. RUNNING THENCE S.89°59'34"E. A DISTANCE OF 858.08 FEET ALONG THE NORTH LOT LINE OF SAID LOT 5; THENCE (5) COURSES ALONG THE EAST BOUNDARY OF THE DAVIS FARMS WEST NO.2 RECORDED PLAT: N.8°01'06"W. A DISTANCE OF 558.80 FEET; N. 9°58'02" W. A DISTANCE OF 8.72 FEET; N. 13°08'34" W. A DISTANCE OF 76.02 FEET; N. 27"15'50" W. A DISTANCE OF 12.58 FEET; AND N. 45°54'13" W. A DISTANCE OF 266.43 FEET; THENCE N. 39°07'42" E. A DISTANCE OF 22.77 FEET; THENCE N. 39°41 '01" W. A DISTANCE OF 136.18 FEET; THENCE N. 40°00'00" E. A DISTANCE OF 97.32 FEET; THENCE S. 69o13'30" E. A DISTANCE OF 11 16.82 FEET ALONG THE SOUTH BOUNDARY OF THE COUNTY STORM DRAIN PARCEL TO A POINT ON THE CLINTON CITY LIMIT LINE
(ANNEXATION ENTRY 1926334), ALSO BEING TO A POINT OF CURVATURE OF A 2635.30-FOOT RADIUS NON-TANGENT CURVE TO THE LEFT; THENCE SOUTHWESTERLY ALONG THE ARC OF SAID CURVE, AND ALONG THE CLINTON CITY LIM IT LINE (AN NEXATION ENTRY 1926334) A DISTANCE OF 842.39 FEET, SAID CURVE HAVING A CENTRAL ANGLE OF 18° 18'54" AND A CHORD THAT BEARS S.9°10'15"W. A DISTANCE OF 838.80 FEET TO A POINT ON THE CLINTON LIMIT LINE; THENCE N. 89o56'54" W. A DISTANCE OF 4.16 FEET ALONG THE CLINTON LIMIT LINE (ANNEXATION ENTRY 1724690); THENCE S. 0°04'14" W. A
DISTANCE OF 74.87 FEET ALONG THE CLINTON LIMIT LINE (ANNEXATION ENTRY 1724690) TO A POINT ON THE CLINTON LIMIT LINE (ANNEXATION ENTRY 392199); THENCE N. 89o59'00" W. A DISTANCE OF 1427.46 FEET ALONG THE CLINTON LIMIT LINE (ANNEXATION ENTRY 392199) TO A POINT ON THE
CLINTON LIMIT LINE (ANNEXATION ENTRY 2237819); THENCE N. 0°41'00" E. A DISTANCE OF 101.55 FEET ALONG THE CLINTON LIMIT LINE (ANNEXATION ENTRY 2237819); THENCE S. 89°59'34" E. A DISTANCE OF 25.43 FEET TO THE POINT OF BEGINNING.
4. The complete annexation petition is available for inspection at the office of the Clinton City Recorder 2267 N 1500 W. Clinton UT 84015.
5. Clinton City accepted the petition and may annex the area described in the petition unless a written protest to the annexation petition is filed with the Davis County Boundary Commission 61 S Main Street Farmington, 84025 and a copy delivered to the Clinton City Recorder by August 25, 2023. Protests to the annexation petition may be filed by the legislative body or governing board of an affected entity in accordance with State Code Section 10-2-407.
6. If the petition is granted, the annexed areas will also be automatically annexed into certain local districts, not created by election, providing fire protection, paramedic services, emergency services, or law enforcement, in which districts the city is wholly located, and the annexed areas will be automatically withdrawn from certain local districts, not created by election, providing fire protection, paramedic services, emergency services, or law enforcement, in which districts the city is not a part, in accordance with State Code Section 10-2-406(2)(g) and (h).
Certificate of Posting The undersigned, duly appointed City Recorder, does hereby certify that the above notice was posted within the Clinton City limits on this 2nd day of August 2023 at the following locations: 1) Clinton City Hall 2) Clinton City website at http://www.clintoncity.com 3) the Public Notice Website: http://www.utah.gov/pmn/index.html.
Clinton City Recorder