CLINTON CITY JUSTICE COURT
JOB TITLE: Court Clerk 1
Part -time position- 15 to 20 hrs a week.
SALARY: Beginning salary $12.00 per hour. Benefits proportionate to part-time employment.
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Court Administrator, performs court clerk duties requiring detailed knowledge of court requirements and procedures. Must contribute to an environment where teamwork is cultivated to an extent that court productivity is maximized and collective job satisfaction is expanded. Greets the public at window, answers inquiries and addresses problems; fills out forms, registers defendants, witnesses, and attorneys for court appearances; and collects monies. Answers telephone calls from the public, other law enforcement agencies, defendants, and attorneys; answers questions requiring judgment and knowledge of court policies procedures, and laws. Issue’s extensions and other docket information into the State of Utah Coris computer system. Within six months, must be certified by the Bureau of Criminal Identification to perform driver license and criminal records checks. Must be available to work when other court clerks are absent.
1. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
2. Must work well with other employees, various agencies, other court personnel, and the public.
3. Must be eligible to receive security clearance for access to state computer (BCI, DLD).
4. Must be able to type at least 40 wpm.
5. Must be able to have a flexible work schedule.
6. Must have good computer skills.
7. Must successfully complete annual court training provided through the Administrative office of the State Courts.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate with a minimum of two years secretarial experience. An acceptable combination of related education and experience may be considered. Preference given for related local court experience.
APPLICATION & RESUME INFORMATION:
Job description and city application form available at Clinton City Hall or clintoncity.net. If you have any questions call 801-614-0700. Send resume and city application to : Clinton Justice Court, 2267 North 1500 West Clinton, Utah 84015. Drug/alcohol testing required of all new hires. BCI background check required. EOE/Affirmative Action.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 1, 2016