Instructions for Residents
When placing your trash container out for dumping, please follow these important instructions:
- Do not place items in the container that are greater than four feet in length.
- Do not place the container near parked vehicles. When dumping your container, the driver must have clear access to it.
- Do not place the container where it will block delivery of your mail.
- Do not place the following items in your trash container: hot ashes or coals, large quantities of dirt, sod, grass clippings not bagged, rocks or concrete, hazardous/flammable materials, large bulky items, construction, remodeling, or demolition debris.
- If you have two or more containers, place them four feet apart.
- Place your container at curbside, facing the street. Do not place your can on top of the curb. For those without a curb, place it within two feet of the blacktop.
- Please have your trash container at curbside by 6:00 a.m. on collection day. Pick-up times may vary.
- Please remove your container off the street by the end of the day.
Where Does All The Garbage Go?
Garbage collected in the city is transported to the Energy Recovery Facility in Layton. Check out this short video
or go to their web site
to see what happens after that, it's amazing!